Saturday, August 18, 2012

What Does Your Sacrifice Look Like?

I haven't written in a while! My goodness.

(I've been using Tumblr quite a bit. If any want to follow me, search for 01tabithanicole.)

I've been thinking a lot about the promises we make to God. Whether it be in tithing, service, or even little everyday activities.

Sometimes I promise God that I'm going to give Him a certain amount from my paycheck. Then when I begin to add everything up, I notice that I will barely have enough to get by.

And I panic.

God wants to know, to see if I really trust Him completely.

That happened to me again a couple weeks ago. I felt God leading me to give to a friend who is traveling to Europe to spread God's love. I wrote the check out for the amount God led me to. Then I begin calculating the things I needed, bills I needed to pay and I froze.
Panicked again.
But I sent the check anyway. God looks at our heart. "Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High." (Psalms 50:16)
God looks at our heart. He sees our obedience. And for that, we will be rewarded. He doesn't look at the AMOUNT we have given but at the condition of our heart as we gave, the obedience, the struggle in knowing that it was tough to obey but in love, we do it anyway.

How does your heart look as you give?

No comments:

Post a Comment