Thursday, March 3, 2011

We Are Not Hopeless

 
Romans 11:11
“Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.”

How many times have we caught ourselves falling back into the same sin over and over again? It’s easy to do, isn’t it? We repent, sin, repent, sin and repeat this cycle over and over again. Sometimes we think that our trials and sins are too much for God to handle. We don’t say it out loud. Sometimes we don’t even allow ourselves to consciously think it. However, it’s there, in the back of our minds, nagging at us, telling us, “God can’t save you. You’re too helpless, too pathetic.”

Nothing we do can ever erase His love for us or make Him love us any less. Nothing we do can make Him love us more. He is capable of saving us, of healing us. All we need is faith.  How can we think God can’t save us? How can we think God can’t heal us? Didn’t He create the world? Doesn’t He do what is conceived as impossible?

My senior year of high school was a pretty rebellious time. I pointedly rebelled against my parents rules. I ignored calling my sin rebellion and said I was actually just trying to be independent. I thought I was past the point of saving. Not that I had done anything that most parents would consider horrible, but rebellion is like witchcraft in God’s eyes. It doesn’t matter what level of rebellion you’re at…It’s still rebellion. I decided I didn’t want to come here. I thought it would be a waste of time, of money. God changed my heart and I’m glad He did because I’ve honestly learned so much, not only about myself and what He wants me to do with my life, but about Him.

Sometimes we are so caught up in the web of lies that we don’t know how or where to start the pathway to get out. We begin to feel like everything is hopeless. Nothing is impossible with Jesus. He can save you. Allow Him to heal your heart. Have faith that He can.

Next time you find yourself in a situation that you think you can’t get yourself out of, look above. He is the Healer; He is our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment